This year, Splitrock has its hands full with nine summer students. These new recruits are doing all sorts of jobs, from wetland surveying to working at the farmer’s market and the Walking with the Smolts Festival. The students are learning a huge variety of new skills, equipping them for future careers. The current post-secondary students are Brianne Edwards, Matt Senger, Dorian Leech, Jerri McDonald and Katie Gair. The high school students this year are Remmy Dillon, Daniel and Cheyanne James, and Graham Leslie.
From Left to Right: Dorian Leech, Katie Gair, Graham Leslie, Brianne Edwards, Matt Senger, Daniel James
We are looking for motivated people who have a passion and interest in native plants, St’at’imc culture, gardening, and environmental sciences to fill the following positions:
- Environmental Crew Technicians (2)
- Office Assistant (1)
- Nursery Assistant (1)
- Revegetation and Nursery Technicians (2)
- Skilled Sustainable Landscape, Rock and Log Building Crews (2-8)
- Silviculture Workers (tree planters) (5)
- Post Secondary Summer Students
- Environmental Technician Assistants (2)
- Outreach and Event Planner (1)
- Videography and Social Media (1)
- High School Summer Students (4)
Please review the documents attached, and apply by Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 4:00 p.m. Interviews to be held on 9 and 10 April. Details on how to apply are in the attachments. For more information, please call Kim North or Odin Scholz at 250-256-0002.