Biologist and Project Manager
Splitrock Environmental Sekw’el’was is an aboriginal owned business that specializes in environmental consulting services, ecological restoration and propagation of native plants.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a passion for the environment, who is a team player and has project management experience. If you are looking for a change, joining our team and this growing business in a beautiful rural community could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. For this specific position we are looking for someone who is a R.P.Bio., and/or who has a thorough knowledge of local environmental regulations and their application to a wide variety of projects within industry, government and non-profit settings. This position requires working from Lillooet BC. Lillooet is located on the Fraser River, on the cusp of the Coast Mountains and the dry interior, thereby having a high biodiversity.
As a key member of our team you will be responsible for ensuring project staff meet, maintain or exceed client-specific outcomes, while working collaboratively to build the relationships necessary to grow the business. You will be able to successfully oversee environmental monitoring programs, develop habitat and wildlife projects, as well as design and manage a variety of mitigation and restoration projects from initial proposal submission, to implementation. You will:
- Undertake site investigations and environmental impact assessments
- Submit proposals for a variety of environmental projects
- Supervise and mentor junior biologists and technicians
- Analyze and interpret data, provide science-based recommendations and mitigation requirements, prepare technical reports, and present findings to stakeholders
- Implement conservation, restoration and adaptive management plans for diverse projects
- Develop and carry out long-term monitoring programs
- Liaise with clients from various sectors, ranging from aboriginal, government, industry, and non-profit organizations
- Work with other professionals from various fields, including engineers, hydrologists, fish and wildlife biologists, aboriginal elders, naturalists and invasive species agrologist.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree or Master Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Forestry, Botany, Restoration of Natural Systems or similar related field, with 4-5 years of experience working in an environmental consulting setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the practical application of the scientific process from developing a conceptual study plan to address clients’ goals, experimental designs, field work, data analysis and report preparation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in interactive multi-disciplinary team situations.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- A strong preference will be given to candidates registered or eligible for registration as an R.P.Bio with the College of Applied Biology.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable experience in GIS, statistical analysis, and vegetation and habitat work in a variety of BEC zones.
Strong applicant who do not meet the above qualifications but feel they will be a good fit at Splitrock Environmental are invited to apply.
A cover letter and resume detailing your experience and qualifications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 19 July 2017.